Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Casablanca


I did not enjoy watching the movie, Casablanca. It was a very boring and very slow moving movie. There was not much action at all, and I do not like romance movies. It is just like every other romance movie in the past and seen today. There was way too much drama, and very little and very fake action. This movie was very boring and hard to pay attention to. The drama made it boring, and Rick's quote: "Here's looking at you kid," got old after hearing it for the second time. I don't understand how that quote is so famous and such a great quote. I didn't find anything special about that quote. I understand it is the beginning of love and drama movies, but it was a movie I would not recommend to anyone except for people that are older. I also did not like that the movie was in black and white. I do not like movies in black and white, and I don't understand how anyone can like movies in black and white. Black and white movies are too plain and boring to me. This movie was difficult for me to pay attention to, especially since it is a drama movie and I don't like drama movies. The movie, Casablanca, started off with a long shot of the cafe sign, then the camera tilts down and goes into the restaurant as if you are a customer. I thought they did a great job with the beginning with the camera shots and dolly movement. I also like the way they introduced Rick by showing him signing a form with a close-up on his hand, then moving to his cigarette being brought to his face, and then finally showing Rick's face. Plus I thought they did a good job of making Ilsa look shorter than Rick, even though she is taller than him in real life. I did not realize this until it was pointed out because of the way she slouches down when she sits down. I also thought they did a good job with the plane because it is actually a small sized model of a plane and they had to use midgets in the scene to make the plane look like an average sized plane. I also did not notice this until it was pointed out, so they did a great job of making the plane look like an average sized plane. And even though the ending brought closure to the film, I did not like it. It ended with Ilsa going off with Victor on the plane with Victor completely blind about how Ilsa actually loves Rick, then Rick getting away with murder. This film was the beginning of drama movies and is a classic, but I did not enjoy it at all and I do not recommend it to anyone my age.

No comments:

Post a Comment